• Understand the customers business, strategy, and priorities on a high-level
• Educate key stakeholders and Business Applications about the subscription platform market: Important vendors, strengths, weaknesses, typical use cases.
• Lead workshops with key stakeholders to gather relevant functional and technical requirements.
• Map requirements to vendors, propose one or multiple solutions, incl. a brief description of the to-be situation, and estimate project implementation time and costs on a high level
Knowledge, skills, experience, education
• Excellent knowledge about the subscription platform market
• Experience working with similar companies: SMEs with high-value low volume-products that historically sold products with license keys and are now exploring subscription business models for B2B and B2C
• Excellent knowledge about systems integrations and processes (subscription platforms, CRMs, ERPs, Marketing Automation platforms, etc.)
What personality traits will this candidate benefit from? What “soft skills” are desirable?
• Problem solver:
o Anticipates problems, analyzes situations to identify illogical solutions and inconsistencies;
o Develops effective, sensible and workable solutions to problems;
o Sees the big picture and takes into account broader considerations;
o Learn new knowledge quickly and is able to use current knowledge in flexible ways.
• Business Savvy
o Understands the strategies and priorities of the business and applies the knowledge to achieve objectives;
o Applies knowledge of key business drivers and measurements (e.g., market products/services, competition, financial indicators, performance measures);
o Focuses energy and resources on projects and tasks that add value;
o Takes calculated risks to achieve goals.
o Develops short- and long-range plans that are comprehensive and realistic;
o Anticipates problems and develops contingency plans;
o Aligns short- and long-term goals with the big picture;
o Determines benchmarks of progress toward unit objectives and coordinate resources.
o Champions new initiatives within and beyond the scope of own job;
o Seeks out new work challenges;
o Acts when others hesitate;
o Initiates activities and projects independently.
• Good communicator
o Conveys information with clarity and ease, both orally and in writing;
o Listens effectively; seeks first to understand and then be understood;
o Keeps others informed; gives specific and constructive feedback;
o Handles issues in an open and honest manner when they are presented, rather than later on in another context.